Smart Meters for Businesses
Join the millions of businesses already benefitting from smart meters – the smart way to monitor and reduce your business energy use. Whether you require a gas meter, a electricity meter, or both (dual fuel), we can help business customers throughout the UK.
Upgrade your meter today – it’s the smart move
- It’s free – no need to worry about set up costs
- It saves time – say goodbye to continuous manual meter readings
- It provides accurate billing – the clever little device sends smart readings directly to your provider
- It gives you the power – with accurate, real-time readings, you have the ability to make smarter energy choices
What is a smart meter?
A smart meter accurately measures how much gas and electricity you use on a daily basis. This information is sent directly to your energy provider, removing the need for you to provide regular meter readings for accurate billing.
Why install a smart meter in your business?Read more
Installing a new gas or electric smart meter will help improve your understanding of your energy usage as well as providing insight into which appliances are most costly to run. Whilst their introduction is part of a new government initiative to help meet the 2050 net zero carbon target, they provide real-time feedback that you can use to alter your energy-using behaviours. Call 0330 123 2255 to speak with one of our experts for more information.
How do I get a smart meter?Read more
Your energy supplier should have already made contact with you regarding the installation of a smart meter. You can always get in touch with them yourself if you haven’t heard anything. Its installation is completely free of charge.
How does a smart meter work?Read more
Smart gas and electric meters work in the same way as your current meters, except for two defining differences:
Automatic updates – Instead of having to provide your gas meter readings every month, a smart gas meter from Crown Energy will update your supplier automatically. This removes the risk of paying too much for your gas and electricity usage, so you can get on with your day.
Onscreen costs – As well as the automated readings, smart meters display the current cost of your energy usage in a simplified manner. This means you can keep an eye on your usage in real time without having to refer to your bills.
Do I need a dual fuel smart meter?Read more
If you use both gas and electricity then you may benefit from our dual fuel smart meter. It offers the benefits of both an electric and gas meter in one, simplified smart meter. Call 0330 123 2255 to find out more.
What can you expect from a smart meter?Read more
A smart meter will provide you with an accurate view of your current energy usage, whilst updating your supplier automatically. This not only helps you better prepare for your gas or electricity bill but it allows your supplier to base your bills on accurate readings rather than estimates, helping you avoid overpaying for your bills.
Why choose Crown Energy?
- We make energy simple – reduced timescales and budget
- UK based contact centre – we’re here to help
- Specialist project management – an end-to-end service
- Nationwide service – utility connections anywhere in the UK
- Highly trained advisors and designers – free and professional advice
- Competitive gas, water and electricity connection rates – fantastic value
- Streamlined process – no more unnecessary paperwork, site disruption & legislative headaches
- Dedicated account manager – one point of contact throughout
Ease the burden of energy bills and monitor your business’s usage and costs. Get in touch on 0330 123 2255 to find out how smart metering can help your organisation.