Business Water Disconnections
Crown Energy can disconnect the water supply at your business on a permanent or temporary basis, depending on your requirements. From demolitions to renovations, we work hard to take the headache away of juggling multiple parties to complete your water disconnection.
Permanent water disconnections
A permanent water disconnection excavates and removes any supply pipes from the property right up to the boundary. It’s generally requested when a business or building is scheduled to be demolished.
We have over 25 years’ experience in the industry so we know a thing or two about the challenges that can arise in such developments. So whatever your reasons for requiring a water disconnection, we have the expertise to get the job done on time and within budget.
Temporary water disconnections
A temporary water disconnection is generally requested when a property is being renovated. At Crown Energy, we can cap the water supply so it can be used as a temporary builder’s supply and then reconnect it at a later date.
Do we need to perform a site investigation?
We may need to carry out a site investigation to determine if the water supply is shared with another property. If this is the case, the existing supply will need to be separated to ensure they still have a mains water supply. This will also help ensure there are no hidden costs along the way.
Occupied building – what to do
Unfortunately, unless a property is unoccupied, we can’t permanently disconnect a water supply. However, if you know it will be vacant on a particular date, the registered owner can provide authorisation in writing so we can arrange for the water disconnection to go ahead on a future date.
How do I get a water disconnection at my business?
To ensure timescales are met, we provide an end-to-end service, meaning we’re there every step of the way. All of our customers have one point of contact throughout to keep timescales to a minimum. Your account manager will manage the whole process for you, contacting the required statutory bodies, answering your queries and helping with any hurdles along the way.
Simply get in touch today on 0161 549 8467 and we can begin the process right away.
When you request a water disconnection at your business, we need the following information to keep timescales as short as possible.
- A requested date for the disconnection (permanent or temporary)
- The house number/name and postcode of the property
- Permission from the owner
- If the property is vacant or a date as to when it will be
- The serial number of the water meter (if there is one)
Why choose Crown Energy?
- We make energy simple – reduced timescales and budget
- Specialist project management – an end-to-end service
- Nationwide service – utility connections anywhere in the UK
- Highly trained advisors and designers – free and professional advice
- Competitive gas, water and electricity connection rates – fantastic value
- Streamlined process – no more unnecessary paperwork, site disruption & legislative headaches
- Dedicated account manager – one point of contact throughout