Domestic Electricity Disconnections
At Crown Energy, we make electricity disconnections at your home simple and stress-free. We have a wealth of experience in a variety of projects and can provide you with a quote and advice on your different options available. Get in touch on 0330 123 2255 or complete the form and receive a callback.
Who’s involved in the electricity disconnection process?
There are a number of companies which have to be consulted and coordinated to ensure your electricity is disconnected safely and professionally. We understand the frustrations of dealing with separate utility providers and companies. That’s why we bridge that gap and provide one point of contact throughout, so we’re always on hand to discuss your requirements and deliver the best solution for your needs.
To ensure the smooth running of your electric disconnection, we:
- Project manage load studies
- Coordinate network designs and approval
- Liaise with incumbent licence holders
- Plan mains disconnections
- Coordinate service disconnections
- Organise materials and logistics
Temporary electric disconnections
Some projects require electricity to be temporarily disconnected and reconnected at a later date. This is no problem, as we can coordinate the whole process to ensure it’s straightforward and hassle-free. Your electric meter will be removed and the supply cut off, but once you’ve completed any renovations or changes to your property, the electricity can then be reconnected and a meter reinstalled at a later date.
You will need to speak to your electricity provider to inform them that the electricity has been temporarily disconnected ahead of time. If you don’t do this, they may continue to bill the property for a daily standing charge of electricity.
How do I reconnect an electricity supply at a later date?
If the property has had a permanent disconnection, the pipework will have been removed right up to the mains supply. So if you need an electric supply at a later date, you will need to request a new electricity connection.
We’re always ready to discuss your requirements and provide free advice on how getting an electric disconnection works. Get in touch today on 0330 123 2255 to learn more.
How long will it take to disconnect my electricity?
At Crown Energy, we do everything in our power to keep within timescales and budgets. The average time to receive a quote is 2-4 weeks and then 6-12 weeks for works to be completed. However, it can take longer if:
- The complexity of the disconnection
- The job needs traffic management
- Emergencies within your area will take priority
- Permits are required for excavation on the public highway
- Our contractors aren’t available within the timescales
What’s involved in getting an electricity disconnection?
From the initial phone call, you’ll be assigned an account manager who will look after your project from the outset. They will request some site plans of the property that requires work and contact all of the relevant statutory bodies on your behalf, talking you through the entire process.
We translate what the utility companies say and deliver a high standard of service through an end-to-end process. We’re here to make electricity disconnections simple.
Why choose Crown Energy?
- We make energy simple – reduced timescales and budget
- Specialist project management – an end-to-end service
- Nationwide service – utility connections anywhere in the UK
- Highly trained advisors and designers – free and professional advice
- Competitive gas, water and electricity connection rates – fantastic value
- Streamlined process – no more unnecessary paperwork, site disruption & legislative headaches
- Dedicated account manager – one point of contact throughout