Domestic Water Connections
Getting a water supply at the right time for your house development is key in ensuring it goes to plan. With the complex rules and regulations that surround water connections, we have the expertise and knowledge to get your home connected in no time.
Water connection service
At Crown Energy, we cater for all your full design and connection needs, including new mains, disconnections, upgrades, alterations and metering solutions for large domestic premises and commercial units.
We install all types of water connections regardless of their size, so if you need a new water main or a supply to an existing main, we have the expertise and experience to get the job done.
Our team of experts are dedicated to helping you get the simplest, most cost-effective solution for water connections to your home. Call us today on 0330 123 2255 to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
How do I get a new water connection to my house?
Getting a water supply at the right time during the construction of a new development is vital in your build plan. To ensure timescales are met, we provide an end-to-end service, meaning we’re there every step of the way.
All of our customers have one point of contact throughout, to help keep timescales to a minimum. Your account manager will manage the whole process for you. They will contact all of the required statutory bodies on your behalf, answer your queries and help with any hurdles you hit along the way. Simply get in touch today on 0330 123 2255 and we can begin the process right away.
We can provide you with a quote for a connection only, but you’ll have responsibility for:
- Onsite pipe laying
- Restoration of surface
What’s the process in getting a water supply?
Preparation for a water supply on private land may require you to lay the service pipework in conjunction with your water board. For your peace of mind, we provide a checklist in advance of our arrival onsite detailing exactly what is required from the customer before the work commences.
Some water connections require a water application fee, depending on your area. We can advise you on this and guide you through the whole process.
There are 6 steps to getting a new or replacement water connection:
- Courtesy site visit
- Water regulations inspection*
*We will arrange a water regulations inspection for all water connections, as the regulations and conditions surrounding the industry are complex. All pipework and plumbing must comply with Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999, which we adhere to throughout.
How can Crown Energy help?
- We identify the correct water authority to apply to
- We assist with requirements about the size of connection needed to meet demand
- We complete the full application for peace of mind that your water connection is handled with expertise
- We arrange a water site survey to assess the connection and determine if a new water main is needed
- We will assist in the preparation for Water Regulations Inspection – this is prior to the connection being made and must be passed by the local water board
- We help organise any required road closures
- We organise any required underground inspections
- We can also arrange a temporary water supply for building sites or new builds
If it all looks a little too complicated, don’t worry – we’re the energy experts after all! Your account manager will guide you through the whole process to untangle the red tape involved with water connections. Just simple call 0330 123 2255 today.
Why choose Crown Energy?
- We make energy simple – reduced timescales and budget
- Specialist project management – an end-to-end service
- Nationwide service – utility connections anywhere in the UK
- Highly trained advisors and designers – free and professional advice
- Competitive gas, water and electricity connection rates – fantastic value
- Streamlined process – no more unnecessary paperwork, site disruption & legislative headaches
- Dedicated account manager – one point of contact throughout
To find out how we can help you with your water connection requirements, get in touch today on 0330 123 2255 to speak to one of our friendly team.